How far have we travelled so far?

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind .......... the answer is blowing in the wind

Gallactic star date Monday 21st June

It was a cracking evening and one of those nights you just know you will regret not getting in some miles.

Off with the pinstripe and on with the Lycra resplendent on full Scotland colours. we may not be there in person but we are their in heart and indeed and been and gone, if not conquered!

After business lunch and fully carbed the cause seemed appropriate to go for an extra big loop by evening standards.

Mont VeKnockhill was the first 'scalp' on my belt. Little Nemo was heading home in the car as I wound my way up, not even noticing her flashing the car lights, such was my focus.

The breeze was positively warm and blasting out from the west. As I climbed teh Fit Ones favourite small climb (not!) up to Yetts my path was blocked by a tractor and trailer. I opted to pace myself by tailgating up to the junction.

Once on the Milnathort road the wind kicked in. The average speed to Milnathort was an impressive 40kph. Says more about the wind. It felt great. As Lance would describe, a 'no chain moment'

If only all summer's evening could be this good. At Kinross the pace was a little lighter as payback time arrived and the headwind eased the enthusiasm. The views as I climbed back over the Col du Cleish were as stunningas ever.

With the journey time comfortably under 2 hours a personal best was on the cards ( and I had not set out for one) I set a target of hitting the driveway in sub 2 hours. I imagined the Fit One ahead on the Bus Museum straight and Ironman closing in behind , pursuing his favoured stealth strategy. The boys helped me achieve a PB of 1 hour 55 minutes for the 56km route averaging just under 29km per hour.

Fantastic

No comments:

Post a Comment